Panna Cotta with Velluto & Fresh Berries
- 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin (1/2 packet)
- 1 ½ tbsp. cold water
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries , washed & hulled (use strawberries, raspberries & blackberries)
- O&CO. Velluto Balsamic Vinegar
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin with 1 ½ tbsp. cold water, stir and set aside for about 10 minutes to allow the gelatin to dissolve.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ¾ cup cream, yogurt and vanilla.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, warm the remaining ¾ cup of cream and 1/3 cup sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and add the dissolved gelatin to the mixture, stir well.
- Combine the cold cream/yogurt mixture with the hot cream/gelatin mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into 8, four oz. ramequins or custard cups, refrigerate uncovered until cooled.
- When the panna cotta is thoroughly cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- One hour before serving, combine the berries with 1-2 tbsp. Velluto.
- To serve, run a small knife around each ramequin and dip the bottom of the ramequin quickly in a bowl of warm water.
- Invert onto a plate and surround the panna cotta with the mixed berries, serve cold.