Pasta with Pesto, Semi-Dried Tomatoes, and Prosciutto
- 1 package O&CO. Pasta
- 1 jar O&CO. Pesto Genovese
- 2 packages of Semi-Dried Tomatoes
- ¼ pound of thick cut prosciutto, diced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- Toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Sauté chopped onions and garlic in your favorite O&CO. olive oil for 3-5 minutes over medium heat. Once the onions are soft, add prosciutto and brown. Add Semi-Dried Tomatoes and sauté until they begin to impart their color to the onion and prosciutto mixture and melt into the sauce. Add white wine and cook, stirring frequently, until liquid has evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in red pepper flakes for desired kick.
- In the meantime, bring a large salted pot of water to a boil. Add Straccetti or Penne and cook for 8-9 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain pasta and toss with prosciutto mixture, reserving some cooking liquid for the sauce. Mix in Pesto to taste. Use the reserved cooking liquid as needed to adjust sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and toasted pine nuts, if desired.