PRIVACY & USAGE POLICY
Last Updated: June 2014
This website is operated by O&CO. USA, INC (“we”, “our”, or “us”). We value our customers and respect your privacy. We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This notice describes our Privacy & Usage Policy. By visiting oliviersandco.com, you are accepting the practices described in this privacy notice.
We collect information about you on our website in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. Neither your name nor anything about you is sold or shared with any other non-affiliated company or agency. However, as described in greater detail below, we may share your information under certain circumstances with business partners who help this site function or assist us. This Privacy and Usage Policy only covers information collected through this website and does not cover any information collected offline by O&CO. USA including information collected by our third party partners.
This Privacy and Usage Policy describes the personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it and when we share it with third parties. Our Privacy and Usage Policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use certain information. If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our website. You can tell if our Policies have changed by checking the revision date that appears on this policy.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We sometimes ask you for certain kinds of personal information to provide the services you request. This information includes:
- Shopping – Through this website, you will be able to purchase O&CO. USA products. We ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping addresses, telephone number, email address and payment card information in order to process your purchase, confirm your order and ship the items to you. If you elect to be added to the O&CO. USA email list, we may use your personal information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions.
“My Account” – You have the opportunity to create a personal shopping account with oliviersandco.com. This account allows you to shop more quickly and easily. To set up an account, you supply an email address and password, which may be changed or deleted at any time. In creating this account, you authorize O&CO. USA to store your name, your phone number, your shipping & billing addresses and email address. If you choose to include such additional information, you are also authorizing O&CO. USA to store such information until you elect to delete your account. An account is for your convenience only. The information is not used for any other purposes. If you ever use a public computer to sign into the account section of our website, we strongly encourage you to log out at the conclusion of your session. By doing so, your information will not be accessible to anyone else from that computer. Please note that if you are also enrolled within the MY O&CO. Rewards Points program, you will also require an ‘Account’ in order to verify, accrue and redeem points online at oliviersandco.com.
- Email List – When you request to be added to the O&CO. USA email list, your email address will never be shared with or sold to anyone. Subscriptions to the email list can be cancelled at any time. To be removed from our email list, click the “unsubscribe” button found at the bottom of all emails we send you.
- Purchases – When you place an order, you will be asked to provide your credit card information. O&CO. USA does not store such information.
- Customer Service/Participation in Promotions/Sweepstakes or Surveys – If you contact Customer Service or participate in one of our promotions, sweepstakes or user surveys, we may ask for additional information, such as your zip code, age, interests or product preferences. This information will never be shared with third parties.
- “Email to a Friend” – You may be able to share certain content from this website with your friends. In order to do so, we may ask for information such as your name and email address and your friend’s name and email address. When you choose to share content with a friend, we do not store any names or email addresses unless you, or your friend, choose to be added to our O&CO. USA email list. We will not include any other advertisements within the message sent to your friends.
- “MY O&CO.” – You can enroll in the ‘MY O&CO.’ Rewards Points program at oliviersandco.com or in person at an O&CO. Boutique. You do not need a ‘MY O&CO.’ Membership to visit the Sites or to make a purchase at oliviersandco.com or an O&CO. Boutique location. To enroll in ‘MY O&CO., we ask you to share some information, such as your name, birthday and email address. Once you are enrolled into ‘MY O&CO.’, you will have an account with oliviersandco.com tied to the email address provided when you created an account online or used when registering in an O&CO. Boutique. You can amend your information by (i) signing into oliviersandco.com using the email address you provided upon registration, going to the My Account page and following the instructions. You may never use another person’s account without permission and you may not use anyone else’s password (ii) calling our Customer Service or (iii) visiting a Boutique and speaking with a sales concierge. You should keep your ‘MY O&CO.’ Membership account information current and complete. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. Please also let us know if there is any unauthorized use of your account or password. We recommend that you always log out from your account at the end of a session on oliviersandco.com to prevent other people from accessing your account without your permission.
NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We may also use various analytical tools in connection with the website to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the website. This information may include your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the web site you visited immediately before coming to the website. This information is collected anonymously, and none of this information is identified with you as an individual or contains any Personal Information.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information we collect for various purposes, including:
- To complete your purchase transactions upon your request
- To provide the services you request
- To keep you informed about the status of your orders
- To identify your product and service preferences, so we can notify you of new or additional products, services and promotions that might be of interest to you
- To improve our merchandise selections, customer service and overall shopping experience
- To communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone or other means
- To comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures and for internal administrative and analytical purposes
OTHERS WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Service Providers: We may also disclose information to outside companies that help us provide the products and services we offer. For example, we may work with an outside company to: (a) manage a database of customer information (b) assist us in distributing emails (c) assist us with direct marketing and data collection (d) provide us with data storage and analysis (e) provide fraud prevention or (f) engage in other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements.
Compliance with Law: We may provide access to your personal information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights, and to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to this website and the public.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
While visiting our website, you may link to sites operated by our business partners or other third parties. This does not mean that we endorse these sites or the goods/services advertised or offered on those sites. We do not make any representations or warranties about any website you may access through oliviersandco.com. They are independent from us, and we have no control over, or responsibility for, their information or activities.
O&CO. USA INC goes to great lengths to keep your financial information private and safe. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via email. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting confidential information. Please do not send us your credit card, or any other information that you wish to keep confidential, by email.
We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders. The SSL encrypts, or translates, your order information into a highly indecipherable code, which is processed immediately. All credit card transactions occur in a secure area of our site, to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. When you have finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you will move into the secure area of our site. Once you’ve entered, the page address (URL) will change from http to https, to let you know you are in a secure area. You will remain in this secure zone for the entire checkout process.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we use every reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee that third parties will not intercept such information.
You will receive promotional emails from us only if you have asked to receive them. If you do not want to receive emails from us you may click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email communication sent by us. Please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
“SPOOFING” AND “PHISHING”
A common Internet scam is known as ‘spoofing’ or ‘phishing’. This occurs when you receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting personal information from you. Please be aware that we will NEVER send you an email requesting you to verify credit card, bank information, or any other personal information. If you ever receive an email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email. Instead, please forward the email to us at email@example.com, as we will investigate all instances of possible Internet fraud.
ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED TO USE OLIVIERSANDCO.COM?
oliviersandco.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use oliviersandco.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California law, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. The notice will identify the categories of personal information shared with third parties, as well as the name and address of the third parties that receive such personal information. If you want a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: 52 Vanderbilt Avenue, Suite 1503, New York, NY 10017
If you have any questions about your privacy or security at www.oliviersandco.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP AND USE
Please be aware that as you visit and navigate the O&CO. USA website, your use of our site is subject to applicable laws governing ownership and use of intellectual property, including our trademarks and copyrights.
Any other trademarks that appear on our website are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us or our affiliates.
All designs, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, and data compilations appearing on the website, as well as the software used to create them, are owned by O&CO. USA, INC and are protected by U.S. and foreign copyright laws, EXCEPT FOR MANUFACTURERS' BRAND LOGOS THAT ARE SOLEY OWNED BY THEM. You may electronically copy and/or print “hard copies” from the website solely for personal, non-commercial purposes related to placing an order or shopping on the website. Any other use of any content included on the website, including linking or framing this website, are strictly prohibited unless you first obtain prior written consent.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and require that our users do the same. If you believe your work is being used in connection with our website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, or you believe your rights are otherwise infringed or violated by anything on the website, please notify us by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order for us to more effectively assist you, the notification must include all of the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the right claimed to be infringed or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work or other right you claim has been infringed or violated;
- Information reasonably sufficient to locate the material in question on the website;
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address and all other information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the rightful owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the right claimed to be infringed or violated or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Except for information necessary to place an order, do not send to us any confidential or proprietary information through this website. Any information, materials, suggestions, ideas or comments sent to us will be considered non-confidential, and, by submitting it, you are giving us the absolute right to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display and distribute it for any purpose whatsoever, with no payment or other compensation to you. However, we will not use your name unless required by law to identify the source of the materials, information, suggestions, ideas or comments, or unless we first obtain your permission.
ERRORS AND INACCURACIES
We always try to provide complete, accurate, up-to-date information on our website. Unfortunately, despite those efforts, human or technological errors may occur. This site may contain typographical mistakes, inaccuracies, or omissions, some of which may relate to pricing and availability, and some information may not be complete or current. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, including after an order has been submitted, and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
We make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, with respect to this website, its content, or the information available on or through it; they are provided ‘as is’, with all faults. Except as otherwise provided under applicable laws, we will not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or related to the use of this website or any other site linked to it. This limitation of liability applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages you or others may suffer, as well as damages for lost profits, business interruption or the loss of data or information, even if we are notified in advance of the potential for any such damages.
Nothing on the website constitutes a binding offer to sell products described on the website or to make such products available in your area. We reserve the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order, or any portion thereof, in our sole discretion, even after your receipt of an order confirmation or after your credit card has been charged. The prices displayed on the website are quoted in U.S. dollars and must be paid in U.S. dollars. In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price, we have the right to refuse or cancel orders placed for the product listed at the incorrect price, regardless of whether the order has been confirmed or your credit card has been charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, we will issue a credit to your credit card account.
By visiting oliviersandco.com, you agree that the laws of the State of New York, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern any dispute of any sort that might arise between us or any of our affiliates regarding your visit and use of our website.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA USERS
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California website users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with: the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs, in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210, or by email at email@example.com.